School Half Term Fun!
This fun, educational workshop will help children learn how this spectacular fruit grows; develop their creative skills by carving a pumpkin into a Halloween jack-o-lantern; and inspire them to cook / try some tasty healthy, pumpkin recipes when they get back home!
Due to customer demand, we now running 4 workshops on 2 separate days:
Dates: Tuesday 24th October & Thursday 26th October 2017
Time: Morning workshops run from 10.00am to 11.30am. Afternoon workshops run from 1.30pm to 3pm.
Our Pumpkin Workshops include:
- A short autumn stroll beside the picturesque Trent & Mersey Canal to select your own pumpkin from our private pumpkin patch
- A pumpkin carving demonstration (in our atmospheric glasshouse), followed by hands on assistance in helping you carefully carve your pumpkin into a spooky lantern to take home and light up your home for Halloween (includes your own carving toolkit to take away)
- Tasty pumpkin recipes to make at home from the flesh and seeds extracted from your pumpkin (food bags provided!)
- ‘Tips & Tricks Sheet’ from Farmer Chris on how to grow your own pumpkins at home
- A free home baked pumpkin cupcake with any hot drink purchased in our Café on the day
Price: £9.00 per child (accompanying adult goes free!)